One element of blog life that is particularly lovely are the blogger awards that we give to each other. I know they are no everyone’s cup of tea, but many bloggers adore these little Internet based high fives. The social aspect of questions and answers is a lovely idea and fantastic inspiration for a post.
Win win! Thank you to the wonderful Gemma Orton, lifestyke and reviewer blogger at Wheelescapades for nominating Fancypaper for this award. I am inspired by this writer and have weekly food/ event envy reading about her social life. If you don’t follow her writings, you must.
I like to repay the favour by way of a virtual drink. So for you Gemma, here is a selection. They may inspire you for weekend indulgence! As an afternoon tea aficionado, I have included, well, tea! And bubbles.
So onto the challenge!
For those of you who wish to peruse the rules and reasoning of the Liebster Award Click here .
Firstly, I answer ten questions. I select ten nominees of my own and then provide ten questions for their attention. Gemma’s 10 questions for her nominees:
1. What made you decide to blog?I have always been ambitious to write. Dabbling at play scripts, short stories and many non- fiction formats, I find I love all forms of the written word (except maybe technical writing or a mass leaflet). Life seems to push around my ambition, juggling it about like a play toy in front of a distressed cat. I swipe at it. I paw at it. I haven’t yet fully caught it. Having my babies was a wonderful time in my world yet it changed me. Adaptation to parenthood is so extremely tough, especially if you were very good to yourself in life, as I was. I found the challenges attacked my identity and sense of self. Blogging became my method of being me whilst still being Mammy. Having my cake and eating it- well what else would you do with it?!
2. What is your biggest strength?
Patience. I have infinite patience. I have no idea how or where it came from but I can put up with people and their bullshit for a ridiculously long period of time. Patience is a strength when dealing my my toddlers when they are feeling antagonistic. Patience is a lovely way of making you feel relaxed in any environment. As long as there is a toilet nearby, I know where the next coffee is coming from and where I will lay my head for the night, I can wait out any craziness.
3. What is your biggest weakness?
Patience. Have I said that before?! I have put up with all sorts of attitudes and comments that should never have been given hearing time of any kind. I forgive easily but I think that is a good thing. I put up and shut up too much- but I am getting better at not doing that.
4. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Decent, aromatic, beautifully roasted mahogany coloured magic beans. A coffee must be sniffed before drinking. I cannot waste time on nasty instant coffee (Azera being an exception) unless times are extremely tough. I am Irish though-so tea drinking is part of my make up. If I need comfort or other health benefits, I drink teas. Brown tea. Mint. Fruit. I am not fussy. Herbal tea is not Horrible Tea to me. A cup of tea will warm my cockles, whatever they are, but coffee keeps me motivated.
5. Where in the world would you like to be right now?
I am quite happy being snuggled on the couch with my girls. Gigi is watching Peppa and Betsy is challenging my stomach muscles with bomb dives. If I could be anywhere else, I would select Sam Gimigano. I would like to be doing the same thing though. Just with gelato and Mr Paper there too. Maybe a glass of chianti…
6. What’s your favourite type of cake?
I enjoy chocolate fudge with hot sauce but only if made properly. Most are dry or overcooked. The original Victoria Sponge made with a very light touch will also float my cake boat. Wow- a cake boat. That would rock.
7. What is your favourite season and why?
I have a fondness for all four, but will say Winter. Being a girl who eats cake, I will take any opportunity not to wear short shorts and winter gives me that. It also hands me beautifully cosy clothing and bedlinen, rugs and blankets, hot chocolates and Christmas.
8. What makes you laugh out loud?
I love to laugh and will enjoy a truly ingenious pun. A well told anecdote will get me. Father Ted is the whole reason I have embedded laugh lines on my ‘youthful’ complexion with Blackadder claiming some of the credit.
9. When is your favourite time of day?
It is the evening. Snuggly O’ Clock. Time out with my girls and then time out with my husband.
10. Do you have a quote or motto you would pass on to others?
As a teenager, Carpe Diem was my favourite phrase followed by Whitman’s ‘Sound your barbaric yawp over the rooftops of the world’. Dead Poets’ Society having been a game changer in my teens, these lines stay with me. Recently someone told me that whatever someone tells you is their opinion only and not yours- unless you choose to make it yours. I like that. I like that a lot.
Once again, much thanks and gratitude to must read blogger Gemma @Wheelescapades. What a legend!
To the next stage, I get to nominate ten folks who in turn get to nominate their ten folks. The Liebster love ball keeps on rolling…
My Lucky, Lucky Nominees:
5. Traci York
9. Lisa Orchard
10. Gin & Lemonade
Ten Questions for my Nominees…
- Can you empathise with a fictional character? Who and why?
- What Box Set would you chose if you could only have one for ever more?
- What country is on your Bucket List and why?
- Jack Nicholson, Jeff Bridges, Liam Neeson: who would you leave in charge of the house and the pets?
- Name the film that changed your life- if one did.
- 6.What is your memory of the time of the tragic September when Princess Diana died (or alternatively) what were you up to 20 years ago this month?
- Afternoon tea, nite club and shots or long hike with a protein bar: which is your go-to and why?
- Which element of your personality has changed most since your youth?
- Please tell me three people you would have to have at the Ultimate Dinner Party- no limits!
- Finally, A Sweet Ending. Which dessert is the ultimate sweet to end all sweets? ( I am clearly watching too much Bake Off…)
Enjoy your awards nominees and share the Liebster joy💟