- I don’t want a second can of Diet Coke. I only think I do. A pint of water will suffice. A second can of any drink is never as nice as the first. I think there is actual science to prove this somewhere out there.
- Keeping a euro handy for the shopping trolley. I know I must do this and often think of it and then I don’t have it. Cue frustration and attempts to shove in a fifty cent and fool the system but it never works. I did discover that a US quarter works in most places but then I lost my US quarter. Sigh.
- Re-reading anything to do with numbers repeatedly as I remember it wrongly all the time. This is a worsening condition. I will swear the parade starts at eight. It will start at nine.
- Over- doing it! I always over buy for every occasion. Over plan. Over prepare. Over think. Over promise. Over extend. I stretch myself like the toy that was popular in the seventies and then wonder why I am out of shape.
- Unneccessary Food Orders. I order chips on the side when I don’t need them. Waste of time and calorie intake.
- Good Choices! The apple will make me feel better than the cake. Mostly. Snow White should have stuck with cake. Maybe that is the true lesson.
- My Self-Expectations. No one expects as much from me as I do from myself. This lesson is impossible to learn. I cannot seem to limit my own self-expectations. I am quite harsh on myself for not meeting them.
- Limit The Screentime. Put down the phone. I am always surfing without getting a drop of water on my head. Too much screen. God, I love my phone…
- Printers and photocopiers WILL test my patience and might ruin my day. Technology makes me crazy. I need to print and photocopy well in advance as my patience levels will be tested to the maximum otherwise. These devices of the devil are cranky, petulant and unhelpful. They would work wonderfully in government but not in the home or office.
- Poor quality is not worth it. I don’t want the instant coffee. Like my Betsy says it is yuck. A waste of time, energy and milk. The Penneys’ top may be cheap and pretty but will look rubbish by the third wash.
- Sneaky Calories Exist. Hot chocolate is drinking calories. This time of year I feel entitled to hot chocolate and then wonder why the waistline is crying sweaty crease tears. I am painfully knowledgeable about nutrition and it doesn’t stop me. This is worse than having ignorance as I am aware of the damage that I do.
- Finanical Self- Control. How to stick to a budget. I overspend on every occasion unless I really watch it. Christmas will see leftover presents. Not joking. I will over purchase. Sure as eggs are eggs. Actually, do we have enough eggs…
One for good measure (overdoing it you see)…
13 People Rarely Change. I realise that you may alter habits. Lifestyle. Your body shape. Your interests. These can change. You can evolve and mature. However, you are not likely to change personality traits. You might become self aware like a Shakespearian tragic hero but you are less likely to lose the trait and more likely to learn how to manage it.
I work on all of these lessons all of the time. I am aware I do it.
I will never fully learn them though! And that is just me.
Bitmoji and Pinterest