Amelia is enjoying summer and I am going to join her in a game of tag. Anyone up for a summer tag? Click here🌻
1. Favourite summer activity when I was growing up. I loved being in the countryside with my cousins in Roscommon. Also, long cycles around home. Gone all day, no mobile phone and probably no money. Roads are so dangerous now it is not that easy to do anymore for kids which is a pity.
2. Favourite summer treat? Traditional 99 Cone with a flake. Also, Wexford strawberries as soon as the vans pop up on the side of the road.
3. Are you a flip-flop person? Not at all! I need a secure shoe but I do like sandals.
4. Hot and humid? Sorry- humidity sucks!! Like in Canada, summer is short here so we should enjoy the heat when we have it but I admit to enjoying relief from humidity.
5. How do you feel about the beach? We are on the other side of the Atlantic here to Amelia and the sea is cold but I still love the beach. Growing up in the midlands, sea and sand has a distinctly holiday feel and is always fun.
6. Favourite summer activity as an adult. Outdoor drinks and snacks! I just like being able to bring the kids to places knowing we won’t need coats.
7. Favourite summer meal. I have a strong dislike of eggs due to summer salad of the 1980s so anything summery without egg suits me. BBQ obviously, without the coleslaw, is the best.
8. Favourite summer vacation. Just had a lovely week in Lanzarote! Great for the kids and a nice breeze to dispel the heat and dreaded humidity.
9. Favourite summer read. Just taking time to read is great. I have read tons this summer! I like something that is intriguing and doesn’t make me gloomy. Just finishing Steve Cavanagh’s Twisted.
10. Secret summer indulgence? I love…diet Coke. I always try a summer lemonade type drink but go back to the coke. I try not to have too many however as I know they aren’t good. Or a strawberry daiquiri!
Fun tag! Thanks Amelia! Anyone who wishes to join in is most welcome. Enjoy those summer moments while you have them🌅.